How is the 3D-Bee is better than other 2D to 3D converters?
First let our customers first speak for us: "My initial experiences... Blown away. This is far better than what you get from "converters" built into a TV set you may pick up at the store. ...This thing ROCKS..." Now let us tell you why we're better:
- More Popout: The 3D-Bee™ not only has exceptional 3D quality, but with the new Hornet Depth Engine™ it is able to push that 3D out in front of the screen putting your TV watching and video games in your living room. When the rendering is set to maximum popout, many people are highly surprised when they go up to touch a person or object on the screen and find that the TV screen is actually quite substantially further away than they are reaching for.
- More Depth: 3D converters in 3D TV sets are commonly limited by 256 layers of depth rendering. This results in the foreground objects being a little squashed in depth because of limited layer to model shapes, and it usually leaves the background pretty flat, like an image on a back wall. The 3D-Bee will render the foreground in a realistic and natural manner and in addition render the depth deep into the background such as mountains, clouds, etc.
- Better Rendering: The 3D-Bee renders 3D even through semitransparent conditions such as smoke, fog, fire, explosions, rain, rain on windows, translucent force fields, laser blasts, etc. These often trip up other inferior technologies. Using multiple techniques and grading the estimation of the depth, you get the best effect. The 3D-Bee can do this because it is entirely implemented with pure combinational logic with no processor inside. This means that, unlike processor implementations, there is no performance-based limit to the sophistication we can use to determine depth. There is no instruction stream, no processor exceptions or event handling and no performance-caused artifacts. This combinational logic approach results in very small size and power, but very high performance. So the 3D-Bee box has literally supercomputer performance in a 4W box.
- Industry Endorsement: Experts from the industry, movie production studios and a variety of different companies have repeatedly said that the 3D-Bee has higher quality conversion than $20,000.00 commercial converters which require a large box and 100W or more to run. We designed the 3D-Bee with an entirely new approach which resulted in the 3D-Bee becoming, according to our customers, the highest quality 3D converter on the market.
- Full HD Res: Also unlike the 3D-Bee, most 3D TV set converters also reduce the resolution to 720p or less (1080i is common) depending on brand in order to reduce the computing power needed to fit into their processors, then they upscale it back up resulting in loss of resolution, detail, and clarity. The 3D-Bee converts at the full resolution of the original input up to 1080p with no down-scaling.
- Realtime: As if our superior resolution, scalable depth and amazing 3D volume weren't enough, the 3D-Bee™ renders everything in realtime. Watch live football (especially in February!) in 3D with friends as it happens. Play the latest video games at their full resolution (and not at whatever reduced resolution any built-in renderer might require) in 3D with no lag and video chat with family and friends in 3D.
- Adaptability: There are a lot of smarts built into the 3D-Bee. For example it is adaptive. It detects scene changes and on the first frame of a scene it will re-optimize all of the intelligent parameters for that scene. Other converters often look good on some types of video but not others. 3D-Bee adaptive behavior makes it effective on an extraordinarily wide range of video types. It also detects digital inserts such as football scores and pops those to the front, but if it is a video of a scoreboard it is rendered in the 3D depth field.
- Natural 3D™: People have different preferences for 3D viewing. Most viewers love our lower settings which create a natural-looking 3D image that only slightly pops out or sinks into the screen. Our Natural 3D™ experience offers a better render and full resolution, but it also means that the viewer can experience the depth in whatever manner feels natural to them. In fact, we meet folks all the time who say they can't watch 3D at all but find out quickly that a combination of lower numbered settings is not only easy on the eyes but beautiful to see. Some folks, however, want more. For them, there are still plenty of options. With eleven settings of popout and eleven different settings of depth volume that can be combined in any way preferred, no matter what your desires, when it comes to 3D, nothing tops Natural 3D™ and the 3D-Bee.
These are only some of the amazing aspects that make the 3D-Bee the king pin of 2D to 3D converters.